ACTA national presidents have traditionally awarded medals for outstanding achievement in coaching, administration, or contribution to, the sport of clay target shooting.
The following is a guideline for the assessment of individual nominations for the award of presidential medals outlining both the process and assessment criteria.
- A call will be made to all states and the territory by advertisement in the Clay Target Shooting News August to October of each year.
- The nominations to be forwarded to the Executive Officer by the closing date stipulated in the advertisement. The letters shall be marked “confidential” on the outside of the envelope and shall only be opened by the Executive Officer
- The Executive Officer will treat the nominations as confidential and shall only release them to the President.
- The President will request advice from the Board of Management on a confidential basis and will carefully consider such advice.
- Board members will keep all details of the nominations and any relevant discussions confidential.
- The President shall make the final decision on the award of the Presidential Medal(s).
- The formal announcement and presentation of the medal(s) will occur during the annual Hall of Fame dinner held during the trap national championships.
- Outstanding contribution to the sport from Club to National level
- Generally only one medal to be granted per year but the President may, if the situation is warranted, grant a maximum of two medals in a year.
Recipients of the Presidential Medal
|2018||Tony Turner (Former EO)|